Last updated: October 20, 2021
Welcome to Curran Catalog LLC ("Curran"). Curran values your privacy.
[If you are located in the EU this policy does not apply to you. For EU residents, we refer to the privacy statement that can be found at this link]
We may change this Policy at any time by posting the revised Policy on the Websites and indicating the effective date of the revised Policy. If you have any question about this Policy or your rights hereunder, please contact us at [email protected].
- What information do we collect from you and how?
We collect information directly from you when you provide it to us through our Customer Service or online or use our Services, as well as through automatic methods of collection, as described below. The information collected varies depending on how you use our Services, but generally includes the information described below.
Information provided by you
You may provide the following information to us:
- Personal and contact information, such as name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, your username, VAT identification number, and additional identification data and tax identification numbers.
- Content that you share with us through your comments on blog posts, our chats, through email, and via telephone.
- Financial information, such as credit card information and billing address.
- Postage, billing and other information you provide in connection with the purchase or postage of an item, as well as information required for customs clearance (such as tax identification numbers or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as shipment numbers and tracking information).
- Information you provide through social media (such as your name, username, and content of your post).
- Other information you give us when you contact our Customer Service, when you engage with our social media platform (for example, by tagging us in a post on Instagram), when you apply for a Trade account, or when you otherwise interact with us, or information we are required or entitled by applicable law to collect and process and that we need for your authentication or identification, or for the verification of the personal information we collect.
- Computer and connection information, such as statistics regarding your use of our Services, information on data traffic to and from websites, referral URL, information on advertisements, your IP address, your access times, your browser history data, your language settings and your weblog information.
- Information about the pages you visit, the access time, frequency and duration of visits, the links on which you click and other actions you take as part of your use of our Services and in advertising and email content.
- Information that is generated as part of one of your transactions or that is linked to your Trade account as a result of a transaction in which you are involved, such as transaction amounts, time and payment methods.
- Information that is generated through your actions when you use our Services and which is linked to your Trade account, e.g. when you place items in your shopping cart, search our website, or visit different pages on our website.
- Information about your activities and interactions with our advertising partners, including data about the advertisements you were shown, how often they were shown, and whether you took any actions, such as clicking on an advertisement or making a purchase.
- Information regarding all other interactions with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communication with us.
- Information related to your device, such as the model and device type, operating system and version, browser type and settings, device ID or individual device identifier, advertisement ID, individual device token, and cookie-related data (e.g. cookie ID).
- The IP address from which your device accesses the Service.
- Location data, including the location data of your mobile device. Please note that for most mobile devices, you can manage or disable the use of location services for all applications in the settings menu of your mobile device.
Tracking Options and Do Not Track Disclosure
Personal information from other sources
We also collect personal data about you from other sources and from third parties to the extent permitted by applicable law. In particular, this includes the following data:
- Information from public sources (e.g. demographic information)
- Information from credit agencies or bureaus (e.g. when performing authorized credit checks)
- Information from data providers (e.g. online advertising-related data)
Our combination of your information
We may combine information collected automatically with information provided directly by you or from other sources in order to serve you and to understand how users interact with our Services. We may also share information among our affiliate companies, including Sisalcarpet.com.
- How do we use the information that we collect from you?
We use your information for various purposes and pursuant to various legal bases. Following is a summary of the purposes for which we use information collected from you:
Contract fulfillment, contract linked actions, legitimate business reasons, marketing and advertising.
To fulfill a contract or take steps linked to a contract, including providing our services and communicating with you.
- Providing and Improving our Services. Including fulfilling orders, enabling delivery of purchased items by logistics/delivery service providers, processing payments, maintaining, and servicing accounts, developing new products and features, and improving our Websites as well as the Services we provide to you and others.
- Responding to Requests, Inquiries and Complaints. Responding to customer service requests, inquiries, and complaints and for any other reason that you contact us.
- Personalization. Personalizing your experience and the information and content that we display to you, including marketing and promotional content.
- Marketing, Advertising, and Analytics. Understanding how users access and use our Services, sending newsletters and marketing and advertising materials, placing advertisements and optimizing search results, and providing you with special offers and other information we think may interest you.
- Targeted Advertising. Targeting advertising to groups of individuals with similar interests or characteristics through services offered by third parties, such as Google Analytics or other similar tools.
- Customer Service and Dispute Resolution. To resolve problems with your purchase, arbitration and litigation of disputes, providing other services within the scope of customer services, as well as enforcement of payment/fee claims.
- Legal Compliance, Safety, and Protection of Rights and Interests. Complying with laws and regulations, responding to legal process or litigation or as part of an investigation or request from law enforcement or governmental authority when required by law, protecting the security and rights of Curran or any of its corporate family members, employees, officers, agents, or customers.
- Prevention, detection and mitigation of illegal activities.
- Retention and storage of your personal information to comply with specific legal retention requirements.
For general business and compliance purposes of Curran or a related third party
- Administrative and Business. For the general administration of our business, including accounting, recordkeeping, training, compliance auditing, research, and other operational or legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
- Protection of the legitimate interests of third parties in connection with civil law disputes, unless there is a statutory obligation to this effect, if we may legitimately assume that it is necessary to disclose the data to such third parties in order to avert imminent disadvantage.
- Prevention, detection, mitigation and investigation of fraud, security breaches and other prohibited or unlawful activities, including assessment of corresponding risks (e.g. using captchas), unless there is a statutory obligation to this effect.
- Monitoring and improvement of the information security of our Services, unless there is a statutory obligation to this effect.
- Performance of identity checks, creditworthiness and other financial standing checks, evaluation of trade applications and comparison of information for accuracy and verification purposes.
- Initiation, preparation, and execution of a company acquisition, e.g. in the event of a merger with another company or takeover by another company. If such an event occurs, we will require the merged entity to comply with this Policy with respect to your personal information.
For other purposes compatible with one of the purposes listed above
- Website Security. Protecting the security and functionality of our Websites, including using personal information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others about our Websites or our products and Services.
- Administrative and Business. For the general administration of our business, including accounting, recordkeeping, training, compliance auditing, research, and other operational or business purposes permitted by law.
We conduct balancing tests for the data processing we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we have described above. For more details on the balancing test we have carried out, please contact us at [email protected]. Subject to applicable law, you may also have the right to object to our use of your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interest as described at the outset of this policy.
Use with your consent
Where you give us consent. This includes:
- Where consent is required by applicable law, such as sending you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and Services.
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, using the data for the purpose which we explain at the time.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their third-party marketing or advertising purposes, nor will we sell or otherwise make it available to third parties for a fee without your consent; provided, however, that we may share information among our Curran family of Websites for advertising and marketing purposes.
Use of de-identified, aggregated, or anonymized information
We use de-identified, aggregated, or anonymized information to help us analyze the use of the Websites. Where permitted by law, this Policy does not limit our use or disclosure of de-identified, aggregate, pseudonymous, or anonymous information to our partners, advertisers, and other third parties in our discretion.
- With whom do we share information?
We will never sell any of your personal information to a third party without your consent.
We do not generally share information with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. However, we do share information (including personal information and aggregated, anonymized, and deidentified information) for the following purposes:
- Curran Family of Companies. We share information with our corporate family members (including Curran Catalog LLC, Sisalcarpet.com LLC, and Curran Worldwide B.V.) and across the Websites in order to better understand and serve our customers.
- Service Providers. We share information with certain third party service providers that assist us with payment processing, marketing and communications, advertising, and operational aspects of our business, including accounting and legal services; order fulfillment (i.e. shipping carrier, insurance) technical services and security; and development, implementation, and maintenance of the Websites and various features and tools available on the Websites (including to help you recover a forgotten password or confirm your account email).
- Interest-Based Advertising. We may share information with third party advertising companies or ad exchanges or networks, such as Facebook or Google, in order to display more relevant advertising of our products and Services or to otherwise manage or improve our advertising and marketing efforts.
- Third-Party Marketing. We may send you information about companies that we think you may be interested in. We may partner with other companies to send you joint marketing materials.
- Business Transactions. We may share your information with third parties in the context of acquisition, company bankruptcy or reorganization proceedings.
- Consent, Other. We share information with third parties when we have your consent, or otherwise as described to you in paragraph 2 above concerning collection.
- Third Party Websites and Services
Our Services may contain links to certain third-party websites, including social media websites such as Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. Your access and use of any of these third-party websites are not governed by this Policy but are governed by the Privacy Policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for your interaction with or the collection of your information by those websites.
We do our best to safeguard user account information, including personal information. We maintain what we believe to be appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information and to prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure appropriate use of your information. However, no one can guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. You should take steps to protect the security of your account, including, for instance, logging off when accessing your account on a shared computer and keeping your login details confidential.
Your account information (including personal information) is protected by a password set by you for your privacy and security. You are responsible for preventing unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and restricting access to your device and computer. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also may retain your personal information for longer period which enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- Address any complaints regarding the services
- Enforce our commercial agreements
- Support our legitimate interests, as described in this Policy
- Access and Requests
You can change the information in your account by logging in and updating your profile information. If you do change the information in your account, we may retain copies of that information in cached or archived pages. In addition, we may retain certain information about you as required by law or as permitted by law for legitimate business purposes.
In some instances, you may be eligible to a) ask us for a copy of your personal information, b) rectify, erase, or restrict processing of your personal information, c) withdraw your consent and/or d) obtain the personal information you provide to us in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you may have the right under applicable law to object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances. If you would like to claim any of the above-mentioned rights, please contact [email protected] or you can reach us at any of the contact information provided at the bottom of this page.
Your rights regarding your personal information may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person or would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights), or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of the relevant exemption upon which we rely when responding to any request you make.
Our use of certain personal information is necessary for us to provide information to you about our sales and Services to you through the Websites or otherwise. If you choose not to provide this personal information or request that Curran deletes or restricts the processing of this personal information, you may not be able to participate in our sales and we may not be able to provide you with other Services.
The exercise of the above-mentioned rights is generally free of charge. Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge an appropriate fee (at most our actual costs) in accordance with the applicable statutory regulations or refuse to process the application.
- Children under 13
- International Transfers
If you are using the Services from outside the United States, you understand and agree that your information, including your personal information, may be accessed from or transferred to the United States and therefore may be accessed by law enforcement and regulatory authorities according to the applicable laws of the United States.
- Your California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). This section applies to the extent the CCPA applies to you and your personal information (as that term is defined in the CCPA).
For more information about your California privacy rights and the information we collect, please visit our California Privacy Notice.
- Information for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents who have purchased goods or services from us may opt out of the “sale” of “covered information” (as such terms are defined under Nevada law). “Covered information” includes, among other things, first and last name, address, email address, and phone number. While we do not currently sell personal information, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any future sales under Nevada law by contacting us at any of the methods provided below. Please note we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request.
- Third-party Content
- Changes to this Policy
We may modify the terms of this Policy at any time. If we do modify this Policy, we will post such changes to the Websites. You should check back from time to time in order to stay updated on any changes.
- Contact Us
If at any time you may direct any question or concerns regarding the Policy or would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected], and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Curran and Co.
1932 First Ave., Suite 800
Seattle, WA 98101
Attn: Customer Service