DEDON THE OTHERS Hand-Woven Lanterns
Hand-Woven Anthropomorphic Lanterns
THE OTHERS exist at the crossroad between decorative lighting and artistic sculpture. Created by celebrated designer Stephen Burks, these hand-woven lanterns are brimming with playful color and, when stacked together to form a totem-like structure, take on an anthropomorphic appearance, especially when they are accessorized with a set of mischievous acrylic eyes.
Like most of Burks' work, THE OTHERS is driven by a skillful application of industrial technology and traditional handicraft. Inside each lantern is an innovative LED lighting system that recharges from solar panels or an included cable. DEDON synthetic fiber is skillfully woven around an aluminum frame, combining with premium teak and Italian ceramic for additional tones and textures. The lanterns are available grounded or hanging, with several animated statues combining delicate, multi colored weaves.
Invite this family of portable lanterns over to spend some time in your space. They will feel right at home in both indoor and outdoor environments. Pair with Burks' award-winning KIDA lounge chair.
Design: Stephen Burks
Method: All of our DEDON outdoor furniture ships FREE. Enhanced delivery is available for additional cost.* If you choose Enhanced Delivery, the trucking company will call and schedule a time when someone will be present to accept the delivery. Please provide best delivery contact name and phone number when checking out as the delivery company will need a valid contact number to reach you. Someone must be present at the time of delivery.
Timing: The collections merchandised on our website are part of DEDON's "Made-to-Stock" collection and feature shorter lead times.
- In-Stock Products that do not include a cushion have a 1-2 week lead time if in stock
- Assembly Required Products that do not include a cushion have a 2-3 week lead time if in stock
- Cushion Production Products have a 10-14 week lead time if in stock
- Cushion Production Products with fabrics that require replenishments have a lead time of 26 weeks
- Products, collections, and finishes not merchandised on the CurranHOME website but listed in the DEDON catalog are available for purchase, but lead times will be extended on all Made-to-Order items
- Due to supply chain issues, stock availability and delivery time may vary
* "Enhanced delivery" means that the driver will take the shipment inside the house, to whichever room you specify. The driver will then unwrap and if necessary assemble the furniture. They will dispose of any packaging material. Please make a note of any additional services that are above and beyond the Enhanced delivery description, and we will gladly provide a quote. Examples include: