DEDON KIDA Hanging Lounge Chair
Colorful Airy Lounge Chairs
Freedom and playful sophistication define KIDA, an imaginative new hanging lounge chair collection by acclaimed designer Stephen Burks. Developed in tandem with DEDON's skilled artisan weavers, Burks designed a cradle-like organic frame that envelops the occupant in a luxurious cushion, while light and air pour through the chair's gentle curving apertures. The effect is to feel "as free as the breeze" as the chair sways with the wind.
For over 30 years, DEDON's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Northern Germany have produced luxurious fibers that are woven into award-winning outdoor furniture by master weavers in the Philippines. KIDA is the first collection by DEDON in which the fiber is wrapped, rather than woven, around a powder-coated aluminum frame. Each hanging lounge is wrapped in 834 meters of innovative DEDON Fiber Touch, a sophisticated process that requires 38 hours to complete. The soft tactile textile is available in three colorways: vibrant polychromatic Glow Touch, muted and neutral Ease Touch, and the dark, contrasting Dusk Touch.
KIDA lounge chairs can suspended from an included hanging kit from a secure location, or attached to a mobile base and enjoyed on any level surface. Whether you are enjoying a mountain view, curling up in a tropical oasis, or just lounging in your own backyard, KIDA offers a cozy and inviting seat to make the most of your time spent outdoors. This celebrated piece has won numerous awards and shows in the Smithsonian Museum. Combine with DALA lounge chairs or PAROS modular seating. Shop matching decorative pillows for an elbow rest or snuggle buddy.
Design: Stephen Burks
Method: All of our DEDON outdoor furniture ships FREE. Enhanced delivery is available for additional cost.* If you choose Enhanced Delivery, the trucking company will call and schedule a time when someone will be present to accept the delivery. Please provide best delivery contact name and phone number when checking out as the delivery company will need a valid contact number to reach you. Someone must be present at the time of delivery.
Timing: The collections merchandised on our website are part of DEDON's "Made-to-Stock" collection and feature shorter lead times.
- In-Stock Products that do not include a cushion have a 1-2 week lead time if in stock
- Assembly Required Products that do not include a cushion have a 2-3 week lead time if in stock
- Cushion Production Products have 8-10 weeks lead time if in stock
- Cushion Production Products with fabrics that require replenishments have a lead time of 26 weeks
- Products, collections, and finishes not merchandised on the CurranHOME website but listed in the DEDON catalog are available for purchase, but lead times will be extended on all Made-to-Order items
- Due to supply chain issues, stock availability and delivery time may vary
* "Enhanced delivery" means that the driver will take the shipment inside the house, to whichever room you specify. The driver will then unwrap and if necessary assemble the furniture. They will dispose of any packaging material. Please make a note of any additional services that are above and beyond the Enhanced delivery description, and we will gladly provide a quote. Examples include: