We love the soft curved panels that define the Chelsea bed from our American-made Appalachian Collection. It is available in five sizes (twin, full, queen, king, and california king), each handcrafted to order from solid Appalachian cherry or maple. The standard version requires both a box spring and mattress. However, if you're looking for extra space to put sheets and blankets away, there is a version available with storage drawers underneath needing only a mattress—no box spring. The Chelsea storage bed comes with two to four drawers that measure 28.5"W x 23"D x 4.5"H. Drawers ride on soft-closing undermount glides for smooth operation and maximum utility.
Natural and sustainable, each bed is handcrafted by artisans from sustainably harvested Appalachian cherry or maple. We have curated a variety of styles and finishes in a range of complementary choices to fit your particular environment. In addition, we offer custom paint in the most popular colors for an upgrade. You may also specify your own paint color and brand to get it just right. Any custom painting is considered an optional upgrade.
Looking for a dresser or nightstand to go along with your Chelsea bed? Please check out the Sabin Collection or the Monaco Collection for a wide range of bedroom furniture to fully furnish your space.
- Features sustainably harvested solid wood construction using the highest grade cherry and maple from Appalachian forests
- Each piece is handcrafted by artisans
- Hardwoods sourced from suppliers who meet strict conservation standards
- Twin storage bed has drawers on one side only (can specify left or right); other bed sizes have two drawers on each side of the bed (inside dimensions: 28.5"W x 23"D x 4.5"H)
- Queen storage bed dimensiona drawing can be seen here ChelseaQnBed_CAD.pdf
- Some custom options are available on Appalachian Collection as an upgrade upon request. Please note that any upgrades will most likely increase the lead time. These optional upgrades may include:
- Changing leg styles and heights
- Reverse door opening
- Contrasting finishes
- Custom paint matching
- Hand-applied stain options on maple with protective catalyzed lacquer
- French Milled
- Flannel Gray
Please contact customer service for any custom request quotes if interested.
Simple Care for Solid Wood: Dust regularly with a soft, non-abrasive cloth, always following the grain of the wood. Should your furniture actually need cleaning, use a soft damp cloth, then quickly wipe dry. You will not need to wax or oil our solid wood furniture. Please do not polish more than once a month and avoid silicone-based polishes and all commercial cleaners.
Cherry will darken as it ages. Exposure to direct sunlight accelerates this process. To prevent light and dark patterns from developing in the first year of ownership, please keep your furniture away from windows and make sure to rotate or periodically remove items placed on their tops.
Wood tends to breathe with changes in moisture and humidity. Extreme exposure to heat can dry out furniture and cause it to crack. Prolonged contact with water or dramatic increases in humidity can cause furniture to swell, warp and split. Always use a coaster or other protective padding when placing hot dishes or cold beverages on your furniture.
Smart Care for the Environment: For this line we worked with hardwoods harvested exclusively from the Appalachian mountain region of the USA by suppliers that meet strict state and national standards for forest management.
Original Purchaser's Warranty: Should you find a defect in workmanship, material or construction in an Appalachian Collection piece during normal household usage within five years of purchase, please notify us, and we will repair or replace the furniture at its option.
Method: Standard curbside delivery on ALL orders is FREE. You may upgrade to Enhanced delivery* during the checkout process. You will receive this item by truck delivery. The trucking company will call and schedule a time when someone will be present to accept the delivery. Please provide best delivery contact name and phone number when checking out as the delivery company will need a valid contact number to reach you. Someone must be present at the time of delivery.
Timing: Each item is custom built here in the U.S. and should be completed within 4-6 weeks after receiving your order. Any customized pieces including painted furniture will take 6-10 weeks after order receipt. Depending on distance and location, the transit time from the factory to you rarely exceeds 2 weeks.
* "Enhanced delivery" upgrade means that the driver will take the shipment inside the house, to whichever room you specify. The driver will then unwrap and if necessary assemble the furniture. They will dispose of any packaging material.
Please make a note of any additional services that are above and beyond the Enhanced delivery description, and we will gladly provide a quote. Examples include:
- carry up (no elevator)
- narrow staircase
- many stairs
- long haul
- shifting and moving of any personal furniture